HI, I’M LARISSA.
Welcome to The Larissa Monologues. I created this blog in March 2007, as a place to share my life and reflections, cultivate my personal creativity, and include you in my cooking endeavors.
I live on the island of Oahu, Hawaii with my husband Steve and our three kids, Aaron, Alexandra, and Aria.
When I’m not blogging, I work as a spiritual director and the creator of Spiritual Journey. I’m also Director of Spiritual Formation at Bluewater Mission Church in Honolulu, Hawaii. My mission in life is to know God and help others know God.
Previously, I served as a full-time college minister with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship in Los Angeles, California for 11 years. I also have experience working at a children’s mental health clinic and in church planting.
A few random facts about me:
- The Bullet Journal system is my primary way of keeping my life in order.
- I love baking granola. I even had a small homemade granola business going for a while.
- If I’m drinking wine, it’s most likely an Old Vine Zinfandel.
- I’m an ENFJ on the Myers-Briggs, married to an ENFJ, and constantly gravitating to other ENFJ’s.
- Once I wrote a memoir for 100 consecutive days. You can read them at 100 Days of Memoirs.
- A morning that doesn’t involve coffee is not even worth living.
- I have a tattoo and curse a lot. Maybe I was a pirate in a former life.
- Being around creative people feeds my soul.
Get my updates:
Subscribe to The Larissa Monologues RSS feed in your favorite RSS reader.
I send out Weekly Notes with guidance and inspiration for your spiritual journey. Sign up HERE to receive them.