Well, it’s been a crazy last few weeks, but we made it! We’re now residents of Oahu, Hawaii.
Here are a few things I’m particularly grateful for…
- A house! My parents helped us find a great place in Honolulu to rent. It’s just the right size for our family, in an ideal location in the city, has incredible views from the porch, and happens to be in the district of Hawaii’s top elementary school. Yay for not having to camp in a tent on the beach!
- Friends and family who helped us with packing and moving. Oh man, I am so thankful for every single person who dismantled furniture, packed boxes, cleaned our house, took stuff to Goodwill, and helped us find a house on Oahu. You are all officially invited to stay with us during your next visit to Hawaii.
- Our kids for being troopers during the move. Life has been chaotic, with very few normal rhythms. Despite the increase in crankiness, somehow our kids have survived the transition with commendable resilience.
- Our car making the trek to the Islands, and hopefully our 20-ft. container of stuff.
- Amazon Prime. Over the last two days, I’ve probably ordered at least 30 items from Amazon. When you move, there seems to be an endless list of things to get…a shower caddy, trash cans, paper towels. Thank goodness for free shipping.
- Finally being able to settle into our new lives. We feel welcomed by friends and family on Oahu, and are glad to be here.