Today I’m home with the flu. Or cold. I never know the difference. Apparently something nasty is going around. Steve has it too, so we’re both pretty miserable. The most interesting part of my day was winning $1,250,000 in fake money playing Texas Hold ‘Em on my iPhone. Yay.
To boost my spirits and not have a completely downer of a day, I decided to create a list of things that make me happy. Here goes…
- Sitting outside on the porch, enjoying the last days of summer.
- Getting ready for a weekend trip to the mountains of Colorado.
- Thai food that gets delivered right to your door.
- Lying in front of the fireplace.
- Getting something personal and unexpected in the mail.
- Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, who bring laughter amidst our country’s financial crisis and political mayhem.
- Double dates.
- Breaking out the scarves, coats and boots.
- The pile of fiction books lying next to my nightstand that I’m slowly making my way through.
- Dreaming up a great costume for Halloween.
- The chocolate-y, fudge-y goodness of Moose Tracks ice cream.
- Afternoon naps.
- Finding a perfectly-fitting Banana Republic wool coat at Goodwill for $8.99.
- Good Morning hugs from my husband.
- Cooking all day, and hosting dinner parties for friends.
Look at that, my day already feels better. What things brighten your day?