- Spring is here! I know, the first day of Spring was actually last week on March 20th, but now it is actually beginning to feel like Spring. At least in Southern California. I have officially stored away the winter clothes, and released my warm weather items from hibernation – tank tops, shirts, dresses, slippers (or what you non-Hawaiians oddly refer to as “flip flops”), sunglasses. It’s been a lovely, sun-filled week, and I’ve been finding all sorts of excuses to walk around outside just to take it in.
- I’ve also been spending lots of quality time this week with the sewing machine. Partly it’s because I needed to hem and take-in most of my clothes (the one minor downside to losing weight). But mostly it was to make a dress, which I’ll post about later.
Yes, I sewed a dress. I am that cool.
- In the last 24 hours, I have injured myself three different times. First, I was moving our portable washing machine, and ran it over my foot, creating a huge gash in my toe. Then I sliced my finger while chopping onions for dinner. Then I cut open my other foot when I dropped a table onto it. Sighhh. I think I need to just sit down and watch Top Chef reruns for the rest of the day before I accidentally give myself a concussion or something.
- Speaking of Top Chef…holy moly, that is the best show EVER. I just discovered it during my hour at the gym (aka Trashy TV Time). I know everyone else is probably way more into American Idol and Project Runway these days, but competitive cooking…who knew?!
- This weekend we’re going to take a trip with Steve’s sister and brother-in-law to Las Vegas. My husband has a gift for finding crazy-awesome vacation deals, and found a way for us to go for uber cheap. I can already smell the cigarettes and complimentary cocktails. Send me some good poker vibes!